Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yahoo killed IE access?

I'm on Windows XP w/IE7. Yahoo toolbar has blocked my browser from getting to the internet. I know I'm connected and access the Net because I get information from other apps (weather bug, newsfeeds, etc). But, when I open my browser to go to my home page, the browser automatically opens TWO tabs and BOTH pages are BLANK. Instead of pointing to my home page, both pages try to go to some Yahoo page or another... but... the pages are BLANK! Not a 404... not an error.. flat out BLANK! Also, at the top of my browser, Yahoo has conveniently branded my browser which I cannot get out. This garbage has screwed up my browser I could use help getting it COMPLETELY off my system. Everything worked fine until that toolbar got in there. I have tried to uninstall the toolbar including through the uninstall by Yahoo, uninstall by Control Panel and then by hand through the regedit. But, the branding is still there and my internet is still BLOCKED! Help with this desparate matter is greatly appreciated!



Yahoo killed IE access?microsoft templates





go to add and remove programs in control panel



near the bottom you will see the yahoo toolbar.



uninstall it from there.



Yahoo killed IE access?windows firewall internet explorer



Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)



Once you have done that, open Internet Explorer. If it opens and functions properly update your question or contact me directly and I can help you further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk