Sunday, November 29, 2009

I have "IE 7 beta 1" and I want to install the new beta 2, but I can't uninstall the

When I want to install the beta2, it asks me to remove the beta1 but I do't know how to remove IE7 from my computer! (It is not in the list of control panel--%26gt;Add/remove programs )



I have "IE 7 beta 1" and I want to install the new beta 2, but I can't uninstall the previous one what to do??windows movie maker





If is is not listed in Add/Remove Programs and still the application is running in the computer then we need to remove the program from Registry. All the programs install would be definitely listed in Registry.



Follow the steps to un-install the program from Registry.



These steps involve Windows Registry modifications and hence I suggest you take a backup of the registry before applying the solution.



Registry Backup:



1. Click Start, Run and type regedit.



2. Click File on Registry menu and select Export to File option.



3. Select the radio button beside “All” option.



4. Give a file name (say regbackup) and save it onto the desktop.



Please follow the steps below to delet the program from Registry



1. Click Start, Run and type regedit and hit enter to open Registry menu.



2. Click "+" beside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.



3. Click "+" beside Software .



4. Click "+" beside Microsoft.



5. Click "+" beside Windows.



6. Click "+" beside CurrentVersion.



7. Click "+" beside Uninstall.



Try to find the program which you want to delete. After finding the program, Right-Click on the program and select Delete/Uninstall.



After deleting the program, close the Registry Menu and restart the system.



I have "IE 7 beta 1" and I want to install the new beta 2, but I can't uninstall the previous one what to do??microsoft project internet explorer



try getting the IE6 again then downloaad the new 1 or upate it from ie help
control panel--%26gt;Add/remove programs



go there .. there is a small check box on the top .. saying "Show updates" select that ... and then scroll down the list and select IE under Windows Update... thats alll



and importantly .. u need to be in the same user which installed the IE beta .. then only u wil be able to uninstall



regards



Narendran J S



http://narendranj.blogspot.com



http://techboom.blogspot.com



http://bookmarks-share.blogspot.com
You can't uninstall it because it is an microsoft internal programme. But you can rollback to the previous version. To roll back to previous version go to controll panal and double click add/remove programmes. Tick the show windows updates there, now you can see ie 7 beta click remove it. After restaring the computer you will get previous version of IE on you computer.
I had the same problem. smells kinds fishy, don't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk